2.17.2014

All You Need is LOVE

Hey friends. I'm a little late. But I was reflecting on Valentine's day and how it can be a sore subject or a delightful subject, depending on who you talk to. 

Not having a "valentine", per say, this year. 
A lot of reflecting time on my hands. :) 
I thought about this a lot.  

I know for me leading up to, I was dreading, and grieving love lost or potential for love etc. And not just romantic love. It just makes you reflect. Thank you, Hallmark. 

So, I went to my own personal source of direction and perspective, God.  One of my readings for that day was: 


"LOVE one another deeply, from the heart." 
1 Peter  1:22

I started thinking about it and thought of all of the proof of this deep love I had seen reflected around me over the past 8 months, especially. I was either receiving it or witnessing it.  I collected some pictures together and put together this slideshow. (above)

I saw that much of this deep LOVE was represented in so many ways:


  • Serving one another
  • Laughter together 
  • Giving to someone
  • Receiving from someone
  • Making something
  • Grieving together
  • Being Silly
  • Sitting with one another
  • Praying with each other
  • Encouraging one another
  • Dancing together
  • Traveling together
  • Eating with someone
  • Teaching one another
  • Witnessing forgiveness and restoration in relationships
  • Celebrating with others
  • Singing with one another
  • Learning some tough growing lessons together


All of these representations had commonalities that you cannot deny:
Other people, a level of vulnerability, humility towards others.

I can say that its worth it. If we could grasp that this is how we are meant to live out our lives and callings, fulfillment would be ever present in so many lives that feel empty. 

If you have not experienced deep love like this, I would challenge you to take a small step towards it at whatever level is the "next step" for you.

I may be misunderstood, hurt, or scared at times. But, for just a small glimpse of deep love I have been able to witness or experience myself; I would not change it for the world.  

Personally, I am so very very very grateful for each one of you that is in my life. I am so blessed BEYOND MEASURE with relationships. I can't believe it. love you all so very much, and WHO YOU are! just the way you are!! I learn and receive  so much every day.  :) 

It's worth it.
Put yourself out there. 
YOU are Deeply loved & worth it. 



No comments:

About Brooke

My photo
SEO OPTIMIZATION ~ GRAPHIC DESIGNER ~ CONSULTANT…..LIFE LIVER ;)…creative.Jesus lovin'. hippie chic