1.21.2014

Word. It's 2014 PEOPLE!

Last week I posted about how my "word" for 2013 played out. 
At the end of 2013, I asked many of you to send me your ONE WORD for 2014. I have put together a little clip of what everyone is claiming. 

How is it playing out for you so far? 

To recap from my last post, its was awesome to see what my expectation was for the year 2013 and how "BOLD" played out. It certainly wasn't in the Pretty little box, I was expecting. 

WHY was I expecting that? 
I have no idea. Apparently 32 years of nothing really showing up how I envisioned it didn't quite reach me yet. That DOES NOT mean that I have always been disappointed, by any means. :) Some of you have the same word, and I am EXCITED to see how it may unfold in different ways for you.

Someone once said to me
 "Turn your expectations into expectancy
Lemme tell you, I think I'M.GETTING.IT… finally. MAYBE. 
I know that I am standing on "FREEDOM" for 2014, but how that looks, my expectations are clearly expectancy for how God is going to work in and through me, as much as I get out of the way and allow it. 




There are two special people that sent me videos of the process of how they their word and one even chose THREE. ;) So, I couldn't cut them down. Carolyn and NeeNee, you get your very own upload. ;) 
                                                        
                                                       

Carolyn's word is "INTIMACY



NeeNee's Words are "PRESENT, CHERISH, & RELATIONSHIP"



SO, If you have not reflected on a word, what is yours? How has it played out, so far? if at all. What are your Hopes for it? And what are you open to through it? 

MY Word is FREEDOM:
Played out Already: Through this journey of Cancer I have had the FREEDOM to reconnect in relationships in TN, family and friends
Attend My younger sister's wedding in VA
Reconnect with High School Friends
Attend the Passion Conference in ATL
Spend awesome connecting time with my sister Betsey
I will get to see my Nana for her birthday this week, for the first time in years
The "freedom" to miss my community in Texas like something awful! I am seriously realizing what. a. gift. it is to have  people that truly KNOW you, love and support you, no matter what. And to know that you feel the SAME about them. :) 

While this Freedom is uncomfortable, unknown, and not what I am familiar with always; Like 2013, My expectancy for how this word will manifest is READY! I mean, look at the first couple of weeks already. 

My HOPES for 2014:
NO REGRETS
CANCER FREE
I want to SKIP
HIKE
WORKOUT
DRIVE 
OH, good ROAD TRIPS, please. 
LAUGHTER
To be FREE for God to be undeniable in my life.
Continued Healing, Growth, and restoration in relationships
VULNERABILITY

I could certainly keep making a list of my hopes.. But, all in all, I am just EXCITED for what is ahead. The realization that I am not in control of anything around me expect for my choices to live, respond, and grow through it, has really removed the pressure and created a sense of wonderment for what could possibly be ahead!

He is doing a NEW thing in all of us.

Are YOU ready?

No comments:

About Brooke

My photo
SEO OPTIMIZATION ~ GRAPHIC DESIGNER ~ CONSULTANT…..LIFE LIVER ;)…creative.Jesus lovin'. hippie chic